The average U.S. wedding costs $25,200. Most newlyweds typically spend between $18,900 and $31,500, and that doesn’t include honeymoon expenses. Understanding wedding cost now can help you with your wedding budget later. Nothing can be worse than starting life together burdened with debt. Thankfully, there are ways to enjoy a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank. Here are some tips:
- Make over your mom’s wedding dress. Sentimental and economical. Or purchase a bridesmaid’s dress to wear as a wedding gown (they look similar but are less expensive). Many come in traditional wedding colors.
- Have your ceremony in your parent’s garden, at your uncle’s lake house, your aunt’s art gallery. Find a location that charges no rental fees since the venue and catering make up the biggest portion of wedding costs.
- Find a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol and hire your own food service provider. This can save you thousands.
- Purchase flowers at a local grocery or market. Most will allow you to order what you want ahead of time, and you pick them up on the big day. This is much less pricey than using a traditional florist.
- Set some hard and fast rules regarding the guest list, and stick to them. You may choose to invite only people you dearly love or to keep it low key and invite no co-workers.
- Ask friends and family to help. Can your cousin be the DJ? Can your aunt serve as the wedding coordinator? Does your brother take great photos?
- Don’t forget to budget for the thank you notes and stamps. This is mandatory.
- Hire a gourmet food truck caterer to serve delicious food to your wedding guests. Food trucks can be fun, trendy and cost-conscious way to feed more people. It’s a bonus that food truck caterers spurn cookie-cutter menus. Most will work with you to develop an exclusive menu for your special day.
In Los Angeles and Orange County, this trio of popular food trucks has fed guests at wedding receptions, bridesmaids’ luncheons, bachelor parties, rehearsal dinners and other family celebrations. The Hungry Nomad, Greenz on Wheelz and Hang 10 Tacos have catered and pampered thousands of guests, and they want to be part of your wedding day. They understand budgets and will work with you to provide a delicious and memorable wedding feast at an affordable price. Call them for a no-cost consultation.