When it comes to planning for a wedding, everyone focuses on food for the reception. But the food prior to the wedding is just as important. We’re talking about the food you and your bridal party (and family members) enjoy as you prepare for the big event.
While you’re decorating the wedding site and insuring that everyone’s dress or tux fits properly, food is probably the last thing on your mind. But proper nutrition on your wedding day will keep the bridal party energized and in a good mood. Here are some tips that will help make your day:
• It’s true. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially when you are busy, stressed and on a tight schedule. Provide your entire wedding party with a healthy breakfast in order to get a jump on the day.
• Prior to an afternoon or evening ceremony, ensure that the wedding party has munchies available. A buffet featuring a mix of carbohydrates and protein is ideal. Easy options range from vegetable, cheese and fruit platters to meaty sandwiches, hot casseroles and salads with protein.
• Have beverages on hand at all times so members of the bridal party can rehydrate while getting hair and makeup done. Champagne is great, but save that indulgence for the reception. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
• Avoid fried foods and high-salt snacks on this special day.
• Stay away from foods or beverages that might your stain skin or clothing.
Take the work out of preparing a pre-wedding feast by calling on a gourmet food truck to manage your munchies. A food truck can bring its kitchen-on-wheels to the wedding prep site and arrange for chairs, tables, flowers and servers. Or it can deliver platters of delectable food and come back later to collect the dishes.
Celebrating those special moments with great nibbles is what food truck catering is about. Our fleet of gourmet food trucks includes The Hungry Nomad (877-NOMAD-10), Hang 10 Tacos (855-5-Hang-10) and Greenz on Wheelz (855-6Greenz). Each is staffed with experienced food service professionals who have provided many demanding brides with high-quality, tasty meals and snacks.
When you need delicious food for your wedding reception, bachelor party, bachelorette festivities, wedding shower or bridal luncheon, think of us. We would be honored to be part of your special day.