Neighborhood block parties are the easiest way to get to know your neighbors while boosting community spirit. Planning a block party is easy if you follow these simple steps:
- Get several neighbors involved in the planning process. Form a committee and delegate the various tasks based on committee members’ interests and skills. One member of the committee should be assigned to serve as treasurer, keeping an accurate account of the money that is spent and what is left over.
- The committee should set the time and date for the party in the spring or fall when the weather is pleasant. Give the committee at least six weeks to plan the event, and limit the actual party to no more than four hours.
- Block parties are often held on a cul-de-sac or in a neighborhood park, but you can actually hold your party in the street – closing off traffic at each end – if you get permission from your municipality. Contact your city hall or the traffic division of your police department to see what permits are required.
- Volunteers can go door-to-door inviting people and passing out a simple invitation. The invitation should include names and phone numbers of committee members, and ask for an R.S.V.P. from every household.
- Forget boring pot luck dishes and invite food truck caterers to the block party. Food trucks can roll right up, prepare fresh dishes and serve them on the spot. Whether you want tacos and carne asada or a sit-down dinner of wraps, soups and salads, a gourmet food truck can provide you with a delicious meal at a reasonable price. Plus, food truck operators can arrange for any table or chair rentals that might be required.
- Not every neighbor may choose to attend the event. Be courteous by not blocking driveways and by turning off music and lights after 9 p.m.
Some of the best food trucks in Los Angeles are Hang 10 Tacos, Greenz on Wheelz and The Hungry Nomad. Hang 10 is a big boxy blue taco truck that caters events throughout Southern California. Call them at 855-5-Hang-10 to discuss your block party plans.
Greenz on Wheelz produces the best sandwiches and wraps and the freshest salads on wheels. But team members will prepare and serve any menu your block party requires. Call Greenz on Wheelz at 855-6Greenz.
The Hungry Nomad is a popular LA food truck that creates mouth-watering sandwiches and wraps. The staff is experienced at catering large and small events and will cheerfully customize a unique menu just for your block party. Phone The Hungry Nomad at 877-NOMAD-10.
Neighborhood block party, food truck caterers, gourmet food truck, carne asada, best food trucks in Los Angeles, freshest salads.